Background

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

baby boy shower

Not only did we have the youth rally this weekend, but I came home to helping host a baby shower the next day.  I was exhausted, but it was so very worth it.

My dear friend, Jennifer, has been through quite a journey on her way to mamahood.  And her honesty and faithfulness through that process were remarkable to witness.  She and her husband will happily be welcoming their sweet little boy, Jaxson, in a few months (through her sister's gift of surrogacy).  This was such a special shower to help host!

Jennifer is also one of my crafty friends (actually from whom I inherited the Stampin' Up! demonstrator torch) so we couldn't get away with anything less than crafty cuteness.  Her bedding has owls and chevron prints on it, so we played off of those as well as the color palate.  Here's a little peek into the fun:


I designed these little invitations with her owl bedding in mind (not to mention, I have a slight obsession love for owls right now, so they were first on my idea list)--but I designed them before I knew how many we had to make...which was 100!  Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have had so many separate layers and pieces; but nonetheless, it all worked out and I liked them :)  The center piece was typed out and then run through the Big Shot using the Top Not die.  The owl on the front was also created using the Top Note die.


We also wanted to help boost his library, so I created these little inserts for the invitations.  I found the poem online and adjusted it to fit our circumstances.  The little owls, made with the owl builder punch and cut in her colors, made a sweet little accessory.


One of my best friends painted the sign on the drink table.  She has a raw creative talent, and painting comes so natural to her (me, not so much...).  The verse was a perfect fit for the circumstances.

The bar was set up with the guest book and all of the yummies (cake, blue/green candy--sixlets, jolly ranchers, gummy bears--mixed nuts, and sugar cookies)!



Guest signed in in Jennifer's baby book, but they were also encouraged to fill out one of the baby libs (below) I created for something a little fun and different :)  I'll gather all of those up (along with the sign in sheets from her other two showers) and put them together in a book of some sort. 



Tracy, Jennifer's best friend and the mastermind behind the shower, created this banner--BEAUTIFUL!  If you want to know a true crafter, Tracy is your gal.  She sews, paints, paper crafts, refinishes, arranges/stages, designs...all of it!  Her eye is spot on and she is truly talented.  I just sat and stared at this piece; it was just perfect!  The letters were made from fabric that his bedding is made from and the pennants are burlap.  The brown is fabric and the frame is made from house trim.  Lovely.


I'm not big on the corsage thing, so I made "what's becoming my trademark" name tag for Jennifer to wear instead.  In my opinion, so much more fun that a corsage!  


Opening her gifts--she got quite the loot!


Jennifer made us these beautiful frames as our hostess gifts.  I just love the rustic whimsy they have!

It was such a special time to be a part of, and I'm blessed to have been able to help gift the shower to her.  We had a great turn out and she got lots of goodies!  

"a baby is God's opinion that the world should go on..."  --Carl Sandburg

love, angie

No comments:

Post a Comment