Background

Thursday, February 14, 2013

14 Days of Love--Day 14

Happy Valentine's Day!  

We made it through all 14 days--what a fun little game this was for me to offer my love.  I'm actually kind of impressed with myself for getting them given on time AND writing the corresponding blog post on time...for all 14 of them!


Today's gift may seem odd, but it's something he really wanted and needed.  As I mentioned when he was gifted UnderArmour socks a few days back, Hunter has really grown fond of UA clothing--including their underwear.  So that's just what he's getting today:  a new pair of undies (or manties as I call them much to his dismay) with the more than true statement, "You work your hiney-tail off for our little family."  And for fun, a Jerry Seinfeld quote: "Men want the same thing from their underwear that they want from a woman:  a little bit of support and a little bit of freedom."  :)


And the song...  "When I Said I Do".  This was the song we first danced to as a married couple; and it's one that I not only love dancing to with him, but also singing with him.  We still stop and sway together anytime we hear it.  Its lyrical definition of marriage is spot on--those two little words promise so much.  I never want us to forget that.


I'm also reminded of this blog post that I came across a few months back (it struck a chord with me deep enough that I saved the link to my desktop).  What a thought and challenge to be reminded of our commitment on a daily basis, in a literal way.  Remember your promises; repeat them; live them.


I hope you've enjoyed walking our little love journey these past two weeks, reminiscing through pictures and expressing affection through silly puns and small gifts.  I hope you've been able to recognize the love and appreciation that my husband and I share for one another; the joy and spark we've kept alive for nearly 10 years; the fun, giggles, and shenanigans we have together; the forever in us.







make sure the ones you love know it.  


 and make sure you make love fun!

love, 
angie

No comments:

Post a Comment